Dr. Moore and Dr. Cavallaro are Certified Invisalign/Clear Aligner Providers! Invisalign clear aligners are made of almost invisible medical grade plastic. Rather than being cemented or bonded to the teeth as metal or clear braces are, clear aligners are completely removable — for important social occasions, for eating, and, most importantly, for tooth-brushing and flossing. Here are some other advantages of clear aligners:
- Improved Oral Hygiene — With an orthodontic appliance that is removable, you will be able to clean your teeth much more easily than if you were wearing metal braces.
- A Discreet Look — If you consider your orthodontic treatment to be a private matter, or simply feel that metal braces don’t fit with your self-image, a practically invisible form of orthodontic treatment might suit you.
- More Dietary Choices — To protect metal wires and braces, some diet modifications are necessary. With clear aligners there are few restrictions.
- Comfort — The soft, flexible material of which Invisalign aligners are made will not irritate the soft tissues of the mouth, as metal wires and braces can.
- Teeth-Grinding Protection — If you have a teeth-grinding or clenching habit, clear aligners can function as thin nightguards that will protect your teeth from excessive wear.
- Stay active in all the sports and activities you love!
What is Invisalign / Clear aligner treatment?
Invisalign/ clear aligner treatment is the process of wearing a series of clear, removable aligners that gradually straighten your teeth. No brackets and wires, and none of the restrictions that come with metal braces
What do Invisalign/Clear aligners look like?
Invisalign/ clear aligners are made of a flexible thermoplastic material that is FDA-approved and contain no BPA, BPS, latex, or gluten. They are thin, clear, and fit snugly over your teeth, making them virtually invisible.
How does Invisalign/ Clear aligner treatment work?
After your diagnosis and treatment plan have been determined and discussed, a 3D image of you teeth will be taken using our iTERO digital scanner. Dr. Moore will then use specialized computer software to design a plan for moving your teeth from their current positions into the best possible alignment and fit.
A sequence of aligners will be manufactured to gradually move your teeth into the proper position by applying the right amount of force in the proper place at the right time. Each aligner will be worn 20-22 hrs/day (only taking them out to eat, drink, and floss) for a week before proceeding on to the next aligner. You will keep doing this until your teeth proceed through all stages of treatment and are correctly aligned.
How long does Invisalign/ Clear aligner treatment take to work?
Length of treatment depends on the complexity of your case (and a couple other things such as compliance/how often you wear them), however you’ll start seeing results in a matter of weeks.
Who is Invisalign/ Clear aligner treatment best for?
Invisalign treatment can be a great solution for both adults and teens looking for a discrete (almost) invisible method to improve their smile. Recent innovations and technological advancements make it possible to correct many of the common teeth-straightening issues, however sometimes other treatment modalities, such as braces, may be necessary to achieve the best outcome. Dr. Moore will be happy to discuss your options with you based on your individual needs.
Does insurance cover Invisalign / Clear Aligners?
Absolutely! We will be happy to help you file a claim with your insurance provider and then you will receive insurance reimbursements directly.
How often do I have to come to Appointments?
Typically, we will schedule your appointments every 8 weeks. During this visit Dr. Moore will check your progress, evaluate the fit of your aligners, adjust things as necessary, and deliver your next several trays.